In 1919, Charles Lathrop Park wrote words that would likely get the attention of today’s advocates of food sovereignty, urban farming, sustainability, and the elimination of city center food deserts. “Ambitious young men and...
- The 1918-1919 Influenza Epidemic in Connecticut
- Connecticut State Library Announces Historic Newspaper Titles to be Digitized
- Connecticut’s Coverage of the Adoption of the 19th Amendment – #19SuffrageStories
- Nursing in the Nutmeg State – #ChronAmParty #NationalNursesWeek
- CT Digital Newspaper Project mentioned in the Hartford Courant
Follow Connecticut Digital Newspaper Project
advertising African American agriculture artists arts Black History Month Bridgeport Bridgeport CT censorship children civil rights Connecticut Council of Defense Country LIfe Movement Earth Day eight-hour day movement electricity Fashion fiction film food supply gardens Halloween housing Hungarian immigrant lives immigrants industry influenza epidemic Irish-Americans labor labor unions Magyar music New Haven Norwich CT popular culture public health sports technology Thanksgiving woman suffrage women Women's History Month working women World War I