This newspaper photo of Vera Cameron Curtis (1879-1962) appeared in the Bridgeport Evening Farmer of April 22, 1912. A Bridgeport native, Curtis was the first singer trained in America to become part of the...
- Search Chronicling America
- Newspapers of Connecticut
- Newspapers at Connecticut State Library
- CDNP Advisory Board, 2019
- National Digital Newspaper Program
- NDNP Extras!
- Newspapers and the Connecticut Home Front in the First World War
- Press Releases
- Can You Help?
- CCSS Inquiry Instruction Resources–July 29, 2017
Category Specific RSS
Follow Connecticut Digital Newspaper Project
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox
Join other followers
advertising African American agriculture artists arts Black History Month Bridgeport Bridgeport CT censorship children civil rights Connecticut Council of Defense Country LIfe Movement Earth Day eight-hour day movement electricity Fashion fiction film food supply gardens Halloween housing Hungarian immigrant lives immigrants industry Irish-Americans labor labor unions Magyar music NAACP New Haven Norwich CT popular culture public health sports technology Thanksgiving woman suffrage women Women's History Month working women World War I