- Using Historic Newspapers for Inquiry Instruction on Early Twentieth Century Civil Rights Movement. CCSS 2017 ppt
Contemporary Hook re: Discrimination and Public Accommodations:
- Merrit Kennedy. “High Court to Hear Case of Cake Shop that Refused to Bake for Same-Sex Wedding,” NPR, June 26, 2017. Accessed at http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/06/26/534417186/high-court-to-hear-case-of-cake-shop-that-refused-to-bake-for-same-sex-wed
Links to the texts of CT public accommodations bills and motivation:
- We Don’t Serve Your Kind Here, Boston Law Review
- Failure of Civil Rights, 1875-1883, Journal Negro History
- Supreme Court and 14th Amend, Loyola of LA Law Review
Looking for more context and more bibliography?
- Click on African American in the Tag Cloud in the right column of this website.
- Link to Chronicling America search: http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/