“ ‘Jim Crow’ was handed a dishonorable discharge from the Connecticut National Guard on March 16, 1949, when Governor Chester Bowles signed a bill outlawing segregation and discrimination on account of race, creed, or...
- Connecticut State Library Announces Historic Newspaper Titles to be Digitized
- Connecticut’s Coverage of the Adoption of the 19th Amendment – #19SuffrageStories
- Nursing in the Nutmeg State – #ChronAmParty #NationalNursesWeek
- CT Digital Newspaper Project mentioned in the Hartford Courant
- Excursions to Osprey Beach, 1881-1885
Follow Connecticut Digital Newspaper Project
advertising African American agriculture artists arts Black History Month Bridgeport Bridgeport CT censorship children civil rights Connecticut Council of Defense Country LIfe Movement Earth Day eight-hour day movement electricity Fashion fiction film food supply gardens Halloween housing Hungarian immigrant lives immigrants industry Irish-Americans labor labor unions Magyar music NAACP New Haven Norwich CT popular culture public health sports technology Thanksgiving woman suffrage women Women's History Month working women World War I